Monday, December 18, 2017

Why this blog?


When I was first diagnosed with Parkinson's, I was overwhelmed by the amount of information available, but I had so many questions:
  • What did I need to know?  
  • What was with all these different Parkinson’s foundations?  
  • Who could help me navigate?
  • Where do I find exercise?
  • Where do I find a support group?  

I also noticed that not everyone had same facility with internet.  From the questions that I see on patient forums, it’s clear that some PWP (people with Parkinson's) and caregivers just don’t Google things.


So my mission is to help PWP and their caregivers, especially those recently diagnosed, to identify what they need to know, and show them where the information is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great tools to use during the Pandemic

Some organizations have stepped up for pwp who have lost socialization, and usually exercise programs and support groups.  Even for those ex...