Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Can red light help?

Recently, my husband made me a bucket like a hat filled with red lights and with infrared lights that shine on my head.

I wear this twice a day for 20 minutes.  Why?

Well, there is some research that seems to show that red and near infrared light helps neurological conditions. And there are active clinical trials in Australia (article about it), (here's the link to the actual trial) and elsewhere related to Parkinson's and this kind of light.  This paper talks a bit about how they made a helmet.

My husband used red lights and infrared lights inside, there's padding on top, and a buckle with wide elastic so that it stays on straight.  It's easy to pull the wires out by accident (ask me how I know), so I plug in the bucket (it plugs into a computer power supply) and then put it on.  After 20 minutes, I take it off, then unplug.  Though you can't see it, he etched giant glasses just like I wear on the front, and hair on the back.  The pictures help me keep track of the front. Here you can see what it looks like when lit.

Even with holes drilled towards the top, it still gets a bit warm, which feels good in cool weather.

Does this have an impact?  We'll see.  Since I started a curcumen supplement at around the same time, and I've been slowly increasing the time that I spend on Qigong, it is getting hard to say what works.  But this bucket certainly makes me feel loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great tools to use during the Pandemic

Some organizations have stepped up for pwp who have lost socialization, and usually exercise programs and support groups.  Even for those ex...