Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Travel and urinary urgency

Every day brings challenges, but travel brings on a whole host of extras, some of them not what you'd expect.

Going to the bathroom becomes tougher, because...  where is the next bathroom, and will I have enough time to get to it?  Urinary urgency, anyone?

We stopped at a state "rest stop," once. The bathroom was across the entrance road, up a winding path,  up an elevator (!), across a lobby, and then the question - will somebody already be in the handicapped stall?  Got into the stall and figured out how to lock the door.  Got the clothes out of the way and sat.

Not enough time, no.

I wear a pad, but I wonder if that will be enough this time.  Time for a diaper?  They don't call it that, of course; they call it "adult underwear."

Then the other question: Will it hold enough?

Avoiding water is not an option.  I need to hydrate because my blood pressure is already low.

And if I fill the adult underwear with, um, pee, what then?  How does one get out of it?  And how does one discretely carry a "spare?"

I think it's time to hit the forums.  I'm not the first to deal with this, and the community will have experience.  Somebody has already had to cope with this.  Bless the community, its collective experience, its generosity to share, and its sense of humor.

Image from Walmart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great tools to use during the Pandemic

Some organizations have stepped up for pwp who have lost socialization, and usually exercise programs and support groups.  Even for those ex...