Monday, June 24, 2019

Update on Red Hat - Near Infrared and Red Light

I've been using a "red hat" since mid-April, 2019, so roughly two months.  (See article with rationale - it's based on science.)   As it gets warm with the warmer weather, my lovely husband added a computer fan.  I have been wearing it twice a day for 20 minutes.

Hasn't seemed to do anything, except that my balance didn't seem to get any worse; up until now, my balance has consistently, relentlessly gotten slowly worse.  Then I wasn't able to wear my hat for a few days because it was getting hot, and my balance started to get worse again.

My lovely husband added a small laptop fan to the top of my "hat," which improves ventilation. I'm wearing my "red hat" religiously once again, and hoping that my balance doesn't worsen again.  Is this scientific?  I have not known what, if anything would improve, or at least not deteriorate further, so I've just continued to go about my life, and periodically check myself for symptoms.  My expectations have been low, which has been useful to avoid the placebo effect, something that works particularly well with pwp.  Having my balance stable would be delightful, since this is by far my worst and scariest symptom, so I'm crossing my fingers.  Back to just using the hat and waiting to see.

For more about the "red hat", including how to make your own, see:

Red lights on the brain blog.

Well Photobiomodulation website

Image from https://redlightsonthebrain.blog/diy-transcranial-light-hat-eliza/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great tools to use during the Pandemic

Some organizations have stepped up for pwp who have lost socialization, and usually exercise programs and support groups.  Even for those ex...